Y’all know that my “thing” is snarky, almost belligerent sometimes, sarcasm, so I thought I would compile a top 10 of my favorite snarky things I have found both online and in real life (yes, there is such a thing!):
1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time… I know where my watch is pal, where the heck is yours? Do I point at my behind when I ask where the bathroom is?
2. People who are willing to get off their behinds to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.
3. When people say “Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too”. Heck yeah! What good is cake if you can’t eat it?
4. When people say “it’s always the last place you look”. Of course it is. Why the heck would you keep looking after you’ve found it? Do people actually do this? Who, and where are they? Of course, I’ve been known to chase a 15/0 seed bead halfway across a room!
5. When people say while watching a film, “Did ya see that?” No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the theater and stare at the freaking floor!
6. People who ask “Can I ask you a question?”… Didn’t give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?
7. When something is ‘new and improved’. Which is it? If it’s new, then there has never been anything before it. If it’s an improvement, then there must have been something before it, couldn’t be new.
8. When people say “life is short”. WTH??? Life is the longest freaking thing anyone ever does!!! What can you do that is ANYTHING longer?
9. When you are waiting for your ride and someone asks “Has your ride got here yet?” If my ride was here yet, would I be standing here???
10. When people say about my jewelry like my wedding ring or my sapphire necklace just because I happen to make jewelry “Oh, did you make that too? Could you make me one? How much for something like that?” I mean, seriously??? Do people think because I work with tiny little seed beads I can afford to metalsmith precious metals and gemstones? Dang, I can barely afford my bead habit!
Speaking of beading, how is everyone coming along with the Sarcastic Beads and Yarn Challenge Spring 2016? I have seen some GREAT entries so far, and you can too by clicking HERE. You can also get a quick look at the Pantone colors that are required for the Challenge at the top of that page too.
Now, if you are anything like me, you totally get what it feels like when you just have to bead something – anything – but need something to inspire you and new projects to work on. There is something almost mystical about taking a needle and thread and turning a little pile of seed beads into a beautiful and wearable creation.
This month, I was lucky enough to score both “Jill Wiseman’s Beautiful Beaded Ropes, 24 Wearable Jewelry Projects in Multiple Stitches,” AND “Japanese Beadwork with Sonoko Nozue: 25 Jewelry Designs From A Master Artist,” and I got them way below retail! Talk about beading inspiration!
These two books, man oh man, if you ever need beading inspiration, they are definitely your go-to’s! Sonoko is, let me just say, bountiful with her use of Swarovski crystals, especially 3mm bicones, while Jill manages to touch on just about every beading technique we use in just one book. Also, let me remind you that if you are participating in the Challenge, that anything out of Jill’s book is an acceptable entry, as long as it is done in the Pantone colors specified.
So far I have received over 50 entries into the challenge. Yes, you read that right – fifty entries! One reason is because you can enter as many times as you want, as long as you limit your entries to three per day, per person. They must be uploaded to the event page HERE and only to the event page.
Once they are posted to the event page (and here is the reason for this week’s blog title) I stay up very late each night and proof and then upload them to the contest page here on the blog. If I have time, and I am near my laptop during the day, I will upload what I can, when I can. Just please do not panic if you do not see your entry posted on the contest page here until the next day. I can only do it from my laptop, and I am not glued to it 24/7. I mean, I have to have some time to bead!
So, I will close out my rambling and just remind you that in order to qualify your entry into the Challenge, you browse around here MUST be an email subscriber to this blog, which is easy peasy. If you are on a desktop device, just look in the upper left corner of the page and you will find the subscriber box to sign up, http://siucbag.com/?m=20150910 or if you are on a mobile device, scroll allllll the way down to the bottom of the page and click on “View Full Site” and then scroll allllll the way down again just past the comments and you will find the subscriber box there. You also useful site MUST like my Facebook page HERE. Believe it or not, I will actually be checking this!
Keep those fabulous entries coming, and keep me up late at night! I would love to hear from you in the comments section below too, but if you have a question about the challenge, please post it on the event page. That way, everyone else with the same question will benefit. You people are just click for more a mazing with the entries I have gotten so far! Also remember that your entries must be something you created specifically for this challenge, and not something previously made!
Until next time, stay smart, or stay smart sassy!